SpeakAbilities® Skills for Online Audiences(or How to Look Good From the Waist Up!)
Are you and your ideas coming across well?
Do you think there’s room for improvement?
Is it time for you to “up” your online presentation skills and learn how to make an even bigger impact?
In this 2-part webinar series, you’ll learn just what you need to know to make a great impression and deliver your ideas effectively in on online setting (and from the waist up)!
Then, cap it off with a an additional one-hour private coaching session to fine-tune your next presentation’s content and visuals.
This isn’t just a class on how to look good on Zoom. That’s part of it, but you’ll also receive a thorough grounding in how to create solid content!
Quiz Your Online Skills
1. When I present online, my face and head should fill the entire screen.
T or F
2. When I present online, I should double the number of slides I normally include.
T or F
3. When I speak, I should keep my eyes focused on the others’ faces so I can gauge their reactions.
T or F
4. I should find a way to engage my audience every ten minutes.
T or F
(scroll to the bottom of this page for the Answers)
Content Development – Create clear, compelling content that moves people to action.
Dynamic Openings & Closings – “Hook” an audience from the very start and get them to your finish line.
Audience Interaction – Use a variety of techniques to keep them engaged throughout your message.
Handling Q & A – Answer questions (especially the hard ones!) with ease and confidence.
Online Presence – Create an environment that casts you in the best light. We’ll cover cameras, backgrounds, wardrobe, and, of course, lighting.
Online Delivery Skills – Learn how to approach eye contact and gestures and how to use notes and slides effectively.
Jill delivers outstanding presentations, both in-person and web-based. She has a commanding yet approachable presence. As someone who has spoken professionally for years, Jill knows how to keep her audiences engaged and focused, delivering polished presentations full of insightful and useful information. As we move to online meetings and webinars, Jill can guide you in your design of dynamic webinars. She is one of my favorite speakers.
I had the pleasure of attending Jill’s webinar recently, and was amazed at how much I learned about delivering polished presentations. She not only had rich content, but her training method was extremely engaging and enjoyable. I highly recommend it!
This easy to implement program is one of the most informative and helpful I have come across in my years of being a professional speaker. Jill helped me develop strategic insight on my presentations as well as some very useful virtual meeting skills. I came away feeling more confident and ready to face my upcoming projects with fresh insight and current information about today’s biggest communication platform — online interactions!
Classes are limited to 6 participants, so everyone can receive personal attention.
Webinar #1 – 2 hours
Webinar #2 – 2 hours
Private online coaching session – 1 hour
Email [email protected] to learn about available dates.
Only $495.00 for 5 hours of expert training and coaching.
1. FALSE – When your face is too big on the screen, audiences literally back up in their seats. The best framing is to have a couple of inches of space above your head down to mid-torso.
2. TRUE – Since the visuals you show are the most interesting thing that’s happening onscreen, consider doubling (or more) the number of slides you would normally present.
3. FALSE – As you speak, you should look directly into the camera lens, not at the thumbnail faces of the audience along the side.
4. FALSE – With online presentations, you should aim to engage your audience in some way every 4-5 minutes.