ESL TutoringImprove Your English & Increase Your Impact!
ESL + Executive Presence Coaching: A Winning Combination
If English is not your first language, communicating at work can often present challenges. Issues around pronunciation, grammar, jargon, and writing skills may be holding you back from making the impact you’d like to have in your company.
Learning a new language takes time. Research shows it can take 5-8 years for a person to learn a second language on par with native speakers. In the meantime, employers may be placing pressure on or have unreal expectations of those who deliver less-than-perfect written reports or misspeak during a meeting. Perhaps your own fear of mispronunciation or misunderstanding keeps you from feeling comfortable enough to jump in and share your ideas.
If your workplace doesn’t offer ESL classes, one-on-one tutoring may be the answer for you, a safe place where you can improve your communication skills out of the spotlight and away from those you fear making mistakes in front of. Tutors can customize sessions for your particular challenges and goals and fluency and accuracy can improve quickly.
But simply improving pronunciation and grammar may not develop all the competencies you truly need. Benefits can be gained by adding Executive Presence coaching into the program:
- Conversation Skills – Small talk is an important communication skill and the first step in developing rapport, relationships, and business.
- Business Etiquette – How well do you navigate the intricacies of meetings and greetings, showing deference, and techno-communications?
- Social Skills – People gauge a range of abilities simply by observing one’s networking skills and dining etiquette.
- American Jargon – Every country has its jargon and idioms and American business has enough to fill a dictionary. Are you confident about what they mean and when/how to use them?
- Nonverbal Communication – Body language communicates most of our content. Build your ability to read others accurately and adapt accordingly.
- Presentation Skills – Doors open to those who can deliver a solid presentation. Coaching can help you develop these skills and increase your confidence.
- Professional Image – Gain an understanding of your company’s written – and unwritten – dress code and present a consistent and cohesive personal brand.
ESL tutoring combined with Executive Presence coaching may be just the ticket you need to communicate clearly and effectively and build your visibility and impact. Don’t let your career stagnate when some individualized attention could help!
Can you afford NOT to offer ESL Tutoring at Your Company?
English has become the global language of business. Are your company’s non-native employees equipped to succeed in an English-speaking world? According to a survey conducted by IDG Research, 90% of business leaders say their departments face language challenges. However, only 5% of companies currently offer English-as-a-Second-Language services, according to SHRM’s 2017 Employee Benefits Report.
When workers are able to clearly communicate internally and externally, companies can realize exponential benefits. Work groups become more efficient and personal performances improve. Customer services strengthen as rapport is built easily and workers are better equipped to share accurate information, answer questions, and problem-solve without effort. Relationships can be nurtured when employees feel comfortable making small talk and understand cultural differences and the nuances of language and jargon.
On a personal level, employees feel supported when their organizations provide ESL assistance. According to a recent study, 44% of employees who participate in these types of programs were more engaged and 33% were able to advance within their organization. Their confidence increases as does company loyalty. Retention rates increase resulting in less turnover for organizations.
ESL classes and individual tutoring can be a professional development benefit attractive to many already in your workforce as well as other talented prospects you’d like to bring onboard.
ESL offerings that include coaching in other soft skills such as presentation skills, nonverbal communication, and business etiquette can provide non-native speakers with a complete toolkit that will help you create a workforce able to compete anywhere in the world.
Looking for solution that combines ESL tutoring with Executive Presence coaching? Give us a call!
The Benefits of English Language Tutoring
Improve your English and increase your impact at work and comfort level in social situations.
Tutoring will focus on your speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills and you’ll be able to express yourself with increased accuracy and fluency.
Sessions can cover:
American idioms and jargon
Our Process for Improving Your English
- Perhaps you’re new to the U.S. – or have been working here for years – but you’ve realized you need to improve your English skills in order to communicate more effectively.
- Perhaps you’re an HR professional looking for assistance with some in your workforce.
- Perhaps you’re the spouse of a business professional and would like to interact more easily with others.
We can help!
Our ESL Tutoring is designed for business professionals and other adults looking to advance their English skills.
After careful assessment, we’ll design a tutoring program around participants’ needs. Small group sessions can also be created when needed.
We can work with you onsite at your business or another location close by, such as a library or coffee shop (Chicago area). Some sessions can also be conducted via phone or video call.
Weekdays are preferred.
Contact us for fees. Hourly and package rates are available.
Your English Language Tutor
Jill Bremer, AICI CIP
Certified TESOL Instructor
Certified in Teaching Business English
Over 30 years experience as corporate trainer and executive coach
Member – TESOL International Association; Illinois TESOL/BE
Volunteer tutor for World Relief
It has been a great pleasure working with Jill. Jill is very punctual, poised, articulate and professional in all communication. My focus is related to pronunciation-how to pronounce words better so your audiences can understand. Jill helped me become more aware of certain phonetics I need to pay particular attention to and create personalized plans for me to tackle the obstacles.